Participants are needed for an upcoming research study focused on self-management of chronic kidney disease.
Led by Dr. Brenda Hemmelgarn, the project will explore the self-management experiences, preferences, and needs of adults with CKD and their caregivers.
Those who wish to participate can sign up for either a 90-minute in-person focus group or a 60-minute phone interview. All participants will receive a $50 reimbursement. Focus groups are currently scheduled for the following dates and locations:
- Toronto – January 10, 2018 (more info about this session)
- London, ON – January 11, 2018 (more info about this session)
You can participate if you are:
- 18 years of age or older and able to provide informed consent
- able to read, write, and speak English
- any one of the following:
- a patient who has been told they have CKD or an eGFR <60mL/min/1.73m2 and who is not on dialysis or a transplant recipient
- an informal caregiver of an adult with CKD (relative, family member, or friend who helps a patient manage their illness) with an awareness of the individual’s diagnosis
If you or someone you know is interested, please contact Mo Donald. Participation is entirely voluntary.
Maoliosa (Mo) Donald
University of Calgary
Connect with us